The Picking 101 Checklist Just for Kid Pickers
Do you have kid interested in being a picker and you don’t you know where to start in helping them hone their skills? We’ve got a starting place for you! With Mike Wolfe American Picker’s help, we’ve put together a great pickin’ 101 checklist just for your budding kid picker!
Do you homework before you start your treasure hunt.
- Find out the very best picking place in your neighborhood.
- Ask your parents or grandparent to go with you. They might know some history.
- Take a journal with you to take notes about found items and prices.
- Bring a backpack to carry your stuff.
- Always be safe.
Here are a few places you might start out your exploring.
Ask your parents for more ideas.
- Garage and Yard Sales
- Secondhand Stores (a.k.a. Thrift Stores)
- Collectors Shops
- Antique Stores
- Flea Markets
- Your Own House
Do Your Homework
Let’s say you’ve found an item and now what? Check out the list below on some great ways
to find the history behind your pick.
- The Library
- The Internet
- An Antique Store
- Your Family
- Other People Like Your Teacher