Mike Wolfe has partnered with the National Trust for Historic Preservation in 2016 to promote their Places to Save campaign. We have started an Instagram campaign that runs April through August where we are encouraging people to take photos in front of places that matter to them in their community that are forgotten, dilapidated or in danger of being torn down. Post your photos on Instagram for our #placestosave campaign for a chance to get Mike Wolfe to visit your place at the end of the campaign. Winner will be chosen at the end of August!
Instructions for participating in the #placestosave Instagram campaign to help raise money and awareness for the places in our communities:
1. Buy your This Place Matters shirt HERE. A portion of the sales from the shirts goes to the National Trust for Historic Preservation and their work in preserving these places all around.
2. Think of a place that matters to you (a school, the home you grew up in, a church, that old gorgeous house you drive by all the time)
3. Put on your This Place Matters shirt and take a picture in front of the place. (a selfie, have someone else take it, or if you can’t get there simply make a sign with the name of the place and hold it up.)
4. Upload your photo to Instagram saying why it matters to you or your community.
5. Use hashtag #placestosave and tag @mikewolfeamericanpicker @ontwolanes @savingplaces
This will create an incredible online gallery of the places that are in danger. We will share some of the images on our social media and at the end of the campaign in AUGUST we will choose a winner. The winning location gets a personal visit from Mike! So make it count!
It will raise awareness and proceeds from the shirts to to the National Trust for Historic Preservation.