Special Campaign Launch Event with Mike Wolfe
We are starting a campaign with the National Trust for Historic Preservation that runs through August on Instagram to raise money and awareness for the forgotton places of our communities. Places that are decomposing or in danger of being torn down under the threat of “new and improved”. Saving these places that matter is a cause that is very close to Mike’s heart.
To kick off the campaign, Mike and team had a special event at the Nashville store last weekend. This cause is a passion of his and he wanted to share it with all of you.
It was incredible to see all the people coming with their stories of places that matter to them in their community and sharing them with us and Mike.
In case you could not make it here are some highlights from the event!
CLICK HERE to get your shirt and join the movement from home! You will still have the chance to win a visit from Mike to your place that matters!
Here are the instructions for joining the campaign and contest:
1. Buy a This Place Matters shirt HERE or at one of our stores.
2. Think of a place that matters to you in your community that is in danger of being torn down or simply left in neglect. A school, baseball field, your old house, community center, or just a neat old house that you drive by and love.
3. Put on your shirt and take a photo in front of the place. (You can take a selfie, have someone take it or if you can’t get to the place hold up a sign with the name of it for the photo)
4. Upload your pic to Instagram and say why it matters to you.
5. Use #placestosave and tag @mikewolfeamericanpicker @savingplaces and @ontwolanes
This will create and incredible gallery of images and raise awareness for these places that matter. A portion of the sales from the shirts goes to the National Trust for Historic Preservation and their work in preserving these places all around.
In August we will pick a winning photo and Mike will visit your place to meet you and to bring even more attention to your place that matters.
For more info on the partnership with the National Trust CLICK HERE
FOLLOW MIKE’S BRAND TWO LANES ON INSTAGRAM FOR UPDATES ON THE PROJECT